Thursday, January 2, 2014

Artists are Crazy People


When I tell people I am an artist they look at me as if I said I am a Wizard for a career path. In fact for years I dropped artist and said stay at home mom. Which still was received with more acceptance and respect than Artist. But I am out of the game closet and wearing my paint and smock proudly. Yes I am an Artist. My imagination is what I will be using to pay my light bill this month and no I will not be imagining the lights on. It is interesting how what you do and who you are can affect people. After all its not like I drug them out of their job and asked them to also be an Artist with me. We are not a cult we are a Culture! In fact artist, writers,chefs, and Musicians are what give us any sense of culture. In creation we are part of the divine and are therefore a little magical...scary. Perhaps our bare open honestly in the face of social convention is just to daring. Either way I am only daring to be myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment